BTEC Level 3 Health & Social Care
Faculty : Science
Level: Level 3
Examination Board / website : Edexcel - http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-nationals/health-and-social-care-2016.html
Assessment Details : 58% external assessment (Exams), 42% internal assessment (coursework)
Unit 1 - Human lifespan development (Exam in June)
Unit 5 - Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs (Assignments throughout the year)
Unit 2 - Working in Health and Social Care (Exam in June)
Unit 10 – Sociological perspectives (Assignments throughout the year)
Skills / Aptitudes required to be successful in this course :
- RESEARCH: Finding relevant information in textbooks and online.
- ESSAY WRITING SKILLS: Completing assignments in your own words. Including a list of sources of information in a references section at the end of the assignment.
- ICT SKILLS: Producing work using word / powerpoint and emailing the teacher completed coursework.
Goes well with:
- A level Psychology
- A Level Sociology
- BTEC Level 3 Travel & Tourism
Pathways – Career and /or further study possibilities, using this subject:
The course provides good experience for a number of jobs, including:
- care assistants
- nurses, including midwives
- social workers
For further information, please contact:
Timothy Butler, Head of Health and Social Care: ButlerT@hendonschool.co.uk