BTEC Level 2 Health & Social Care
Level: BTEC Level 2 First Award in Health & Social Care
Examination Board / Website : Edexcel
Assessment Details: 25% External Assessments (Exams), 75% Internal Assessments (Coursework)
Unit 1: Human Lifespan Development (Exam in June)
Unit 2: Health and Social Care Values (Assignments throughout the year)
Unit 6: The Impact of Nutrition on Health and Wellbeing (Assignments throughout the year)
Unit 7: Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care (Assignments throughout the year)
Skills / Aptitudes required to be successful in this course:
- RESEARCH: Finding relevant information in textbooks and online.
- ESSAY WRITING SKILLS: Completing assignments in your own words. Including a list of sources of information in a references section at the end of the assignment.
- ICT SKILLS: Producing work using word / powerpoint and emailing the teacher completed coursework.
Goes well with:
BTEC Level 2 Travel and Tourism
Pathways – Career and /or further study possibilities, using this subject:
- BTEC Level 2 First Award in Health & Social Care provides the knowledge, understanding and skills for level 2 learners to progress to:
- level 3 vocational qualifications, such as BTEC Nationals, specifically the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 in Health and Social Care or the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 National in Children’s Play, Learning and Development
- academic qualifications, such as GCE in Health and Social Care, or Design and Technology: Food Technology
- employment within the health and social care sector, in junior roles, or as an apprentice.
The course provides good experience for a number of jobs, including:
- care assistants
- nurses, including midwives
- social workers,
For further information, please contact:
Timothy Butler, Head of Health and Social Care: ButlerT@hendonschool.co.uk