HS6 Dress Code
At HS6 we believe it is important to prepare students for life after school, including understanding the importance of personal presentation at work. The expectation is that all students should attend school appropriately dressed for a working environment.
- Shirt, polo shirts, t shirts without large/ offensive slogans.
- Tailored trousers or smart chinos
- Smart looking shoes of a type similar to that worn lower down the school, but does not have to be black. Boots are also allowed
- Jumpers or cardigans and smart sweatshirts with no logos are acceptable but not ‘hoodies’.
- Skirt, dress, tailored trousers or smart chinos. Skirts and dresses should be of a suitable length. Leggings may be worn with a longer top or with a skirt. ‘Jeggings’ are not allowed.
- Blouse, shirt, tailored top or t shirts without large/ offensive slogans
- Smart looking shoes of a type similar to that worn lower down the school, but does not have to be black. Boots are also allowed.
- Jumpers or cardigans and smart sweatshirts with no logos are acceptable.
Unacceptable dress will include:
- T shirts with offensive slogans
- Jeans , shorts or combats
- Trainers, converse style canvas shoes, flip-flops
- Hoodies, including ‘leavers’ hoodies
- Trousers hanging down at the back
- Revealing clothing – (leggings or similar items must be worn with a minimum mid-thigh length top) tops that expose the abdomen are unacceptable as are strapless, backless or baggy tops with logos.
- Tracksuits / sports gear
- Hats or caps on school premises
- Piercings other than sensible earrings
We expect that students will adhere to these rules as part of their wider responsibility to the school community and setting a good example for the younger students.